Thursday, July 29, 2010

How many "Rungs" on your Ladder

Here's a thought.

How many "Rungs" are on your ladder? Where are you climbing to? How big a ladder do you need? Does it have enough Rungs or does it have too many? Do you have the right ladder and have you even "placed it" in the right spot to reach your target. Ahhhh.. deep thinking.

Let me break this concept down a bit. When people come to me wanting to start their "365's" one of the first thing I ask them to do is to think for a minimum of 7 days on the question, "What is it I want to change about my life". I get them to do this at ceremonial times in their days and at least 5 times a day for 7 days. No judgments, no rationalizations, no reviews; just for 7 days and at at least 5 times a day ask yourself the question "What is it I want to change about my life".

The reason I have people go through this exercise is I want them to see the patterns and reoccurring beliefs and thoughts that they have. If you can trick your mind into just blurting out an answer to a question, the answer to that question is probably going to be the most "authentic" one in relation to your current state of being. Make sense? You get rid of all the the bias and judgement involved by simply asking and then writing down whatever first comes to mind. After the 7 days you then go back and look for patterns, subtleties and trends. You do this with conscious thought and rationalization. Now is when you look to "How many rungs does my ladder need" and "Where shall I put it'.

So where are you going to climb to? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment